Ready to adopt?
Here at Suncoast Humane Society, we take our adoptions seriously, but our policies are simple. We have an obligation to see that every animal is adopted into a responsible, loving home.
Please follow the simple steps:
- Visit our website to see which pets need their Furever Homes. Then come on in and meet one of our matchmakers!
- Complete an application (Be sure to specify the animal you are interested in)
- We will follow-up with a phone call or e-mail to schedule a meet and greet
must meet these requirements:
- 18 years of age
- Valid ID with name and current address
- Landlord and/or parental verification
- Completed Adoption Application
Included Pre-Adoption Services:
Spaying or neutering
Heartworm or feline leukemia/AIDS test
First distemper shot
A complimentary bag of Hills Science Diet pet food
A complete medical history showing all of the care, shots, and tests that were administered to the animal during its shelter stay
An implanted microchip with registration (helping to return lost animals to their owners)
Standard Animal Adoption Fees:
Puppies (less than 6 months old) – $200
Kittens (less than 6 months old) – $150
Dogs (7 months and over) – $125
Cats (7 months and over) – $100
Senior Adopters (65 years or older – Pets for Seniors Program) – $75
Senior Pets (7 years or older) – $75
Senior Adopters (65 years or older) Adopting Senior Pet (7 years or older) – $50
Pets with Seniority (At SHS for 6 calendar months or longer) – $50
Rabbits – $30
Guinea Pigs – $20
Gerbils and Hamster – $10
Rats and Mice – $10
Birds Parakeets – $15
Cockatiels – $40
THERE MAY BE AN ADDITIONAL $20 FEE FOR RABIES VACCINATION AND A $10 OR $17 FEE FOR YOUR COUNTY PET LICENSE.
These prices are subject to change.